Friday, June 22, 2012

Africa

I'm sitting at a cafe in Bulawayo;amazed by the Lord's beauty. Our time has flown by so far! Our trip here seem to never end;and was full of complications. We had a combined time of 20 flight hours; 15 layover hours; 20 bus hours; and at least 4 train hours. By the time we had flown; rode; walked through London; acted delirious on a train; found Seth; crossed the border; had our luggage searched; went grocery shopping and finally arrived.. we were exhausted and dirty. It was hard not to feel a tiny bit discouraged. BUT that next morning bright and early we were picked up by our first white friend..Tammy! She brought us to an orphanage with children who have been abused. Those kids.. were exactly what we all needed to remind us of why we are here. We've been preparing all of our own meals which is so much fun! We've visited more kids since then;and I even got to sing some camp songs at the last place! They loved them so much;and everyone understands English!! I'm eating crazy food;& not beating myself up over it. Our group is getting really close already; which has been such a blessing. The group of 19 from Texas arrived at our Hostel yesterday; so we have a full house! Seth now has the company of other males; which I'm sure he was getting super ready for. Poor Seth. On a closing note; we love Zimbabwe;and their coffee and hot tea.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment