that he makes all things beautiful in His time, because that means there is still hope for me.
My soul cries out. My soul cries out for you. These bones cry out. These dry bones cry for you. To live and move, 'Cause only you can raise the dead, can lift my head up. Jesus, you're the one who saves us, constantly creates us, into something new. Jesus, surely you will find us, surely our messiah, will make all things new. You make all things new.
I need to be made new, desperately. My spirit and flesh are going at it like no other, and I need to be made new. There's no better place to be than in the center of God's will. John Aaron said that last night, and it really spoke to me. Last night, I didn't feel like dry bones. I felt like very not dry bones. Was I turning around the entire time hoping he'd walk in that back door and accept Jesus Christ into His heart? Of course I was, I always am hoping. But tonight, I feel like dry bones. It's because of him, and I know that. He makes me feel like dry bones, because my flesh wants him to be mine. Talking to him makes me feel like dry bones. Talking about him makes me feel like dry bones. My flesh wants to comfort him, and tell him that I'm hurting too. My flesh my flesh my flesh. Sometimes I let my flesh win, and it makes my spirit hurt. BUT MY FLESH CAN'T WIN. Even when I let my flesh "win", it loses. When I let my flesh talk me into thinking about him, talking about him, talking to him, my flesh and my spirit both suffer. They suffer, because it hurts. The flesh and spirit weren't made to coexist, but this stupid fallen world makes us suffer through it for a little while.
Ashley asked me something the other day that really made me feel convicted. She said, "Is it God's business you're doing and not your own?" I felt mad at first, ANGRY, flesh. And then I realized why, spirit. I was guilty; caught red handed. If I wasn't doing God's work, following His lead, I should have been keeping my mouth shut. Making small talk was not going to get anybody anywhere when it came down to the nitty gritty.
AFTER ALL THIS TIME, I'M STILL LEARNING HOW TO NOT INTERFERE WITH GOD'S WORK & PLANS.
I need to be in constant prayer, that every single day God brings to life my dry bones. I love the line in the Gungor song, "constantly creates us, into something new". I had never thought of it that way. God makes all things new, not just that first time, but continually every passing day. We are being made new, over the course of our entire lives.
Fortunately, I now feel 10X more clear minded than I did when I started writing this post.
TRUTHS: God is good, God loves me, God has a plan, God never changes, God knows best.
:) Praise JESUS people!
No comments:
Post a Comment