While on my way, I decided to check my phone. I had a text from my friend in Oklahoma, asking if I was doing okay. Was she referring to the tornadoes we have been experiencing all week? No. She was concerned, because she saw on facebook that my little brother had been arrested and expelled.. Considering the fact that I tend to stay off facebook while taking care of children at work, this was the first I had heard of the situation. I immediately started crying in the middle of campus, and called my mom. She at first seemed fine, but when
I asked about Cody, she began crying and explained. Turns out my brother was expelled, will not be allowed to perform in the talent show, and will now be attending an alternative school. Anybody who knows me, has ever spoken to me, or read my blog, knows how I feel about my brother. I sometime have amazingly comforting dreams where I get to lock him in a padded room filled with bubble wrap. In there, he is safe from the world. I was crushed for him and what all this entails. I cried to Shaina about it for a little while, but eventually remembered that the situation is still always in God's hands. We talked for awhile about some other stuff, but then each walked back to our dorms.
I drove over to Emmy's apartment, and we got to spend a LOT of time talking. Thankfully, God granted us with even more time than planned..because we were stuck in another tornado warning. This time it was from 4:30-6pm. We were able to talk about a ton of different stuff, eat popcorn, Emmy painted her nails, I drank some tea, and through it all, there was a tornado going on outside. At some point during all of this, I began losing my voice. I'm not really sure when that started.

All I know is that as I am now writing this blog, I have almost no voice at all. Once the tornado warning was finally lifted, I went and had a movie night with some of my closest friends. My amazing friend Samantha even cooked dinner for us all! We painted our nails, talked about our prayerfully soon to be house, and watched 27 Dresses. Through this all, it rained and stormed like crazy. I also continued to lose my voice at a very quick rate.

All I know is that as I am now writing this blog, I have almost no voice at all. Once the tornado warning was finally lifted, I went and had a movie night with some of my closest friends. My amazing friend Samantha even cooked dinner for us all! We painted our nails, talked about our prayerfully soon to be house, and watched 27 Dresses. Through this all, it rained and stormed like crazy. I also continued to lose my voice at a very quick rate.
I leave for New York in less than 24 hours. The devil has attacked me both emotionally and physically. Whether it is through my family's well being, my lack of voice, or tornadoes surrounding my school, the Lord is still bigger. He's got this. Oh, and guess whose "time of the month" began today?:) Of course, mine.




Um, hi. You are my hero.
ReplyDelete