God has placed so many people in my life as daily blessings. I am forever grateful to Him. When things should seem like they're falling apart, He gives me the realization that they're actually just coming together. It's like my life is a puzzle, and I always thought I knew the final picture that it would yield. Then he stepped in and said, "No Haley, you've been doing it all wrong." See, I've been putting all of the pieces where I thought they were suppose to go, to make the picture I wanted my life to end up being. So yeah, it hurts at times. But that's only because I glued down puzzle pieces that I was just positive were where they needed to be. Now not only do I have to start putting the pieces where He tells me to, (in faith, because I do not know the final picture), but I also have to go through the painful process of letting Him tear apart my half finished picture; Ripping up the pieces that I had done such a "great" job of securing into my frame. I thought they were there to stay. I was wrong. He's tearing "my" pieces off, and reminding me to lean not on my own understanding. I've somehow gotten my boxes mixed up, and some of those pieces that I was glueing don't even belong in my picture. In my story. In His picture; In His story. His is 10 times more beautiful than the one I was trying to put together myself. He sees all of the puzzles at once, so the pictures are clear to Him. Yet as humans, we think seeing our own is enough. It never is. We can't plan our lives without His help. That's how we end up with our puzzle jumbled. No matter how self sufficient we think we are; we need Him. Because He is enough, always.Monday, December 5, 2011
Blessings in disguise.
God has placed so many people in my life as daily blessings. I am forever grateful to Him. When things should seem like they're falling apart, He gives me the realization that they're actually just coming together. It's like my life is a puzzle, and I always thought I knew the final picture that it would yield. Then he stepped in and said, "No Haley, you've been doing it all wrong." See, I've been putting all of the pieces where I thought they were suppose to go, to make the picture I wanted my life to end up being. So yeah, it hurts at times. But that's only because I glued down puzzle pieces that I was just positive were where they needed to be. Now not only do I have to start putting the pieces where He tells me to, (in faith, because I do not know the final picture), but I also have to go through the painful process of letting Him tear apart my half finished picture; Ripping up the pieces that I had done such a "great" job of securing into my frame. I thought they were there to stay. I was wrong. He's tearing "my" pieces off, and reminding me to lean not on my own understanding. I've somehow gotten my boxes mixed up, and some of those pieces that I was glueing don't even belong in my picture. In my story. In His picture; In His story. His is 10 times more beautiful than the one I was trying to put together myself. He sees all of the puzzles at once, so the pictures are clear to Him. Yet as humans, we think seeing our own is enough. It never is. We can't plan our lives without His help. That's how we end up with our puzzle jumbled. No matter how self sufficient we think we are; we need Him. Because He is enough, always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment