"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11
I am often able to apply this verse to my own life, yet I so easily forget how much it applies to others' as well. I expect for the Lord to work in other people's hearts immediately. I think, "Now is the time, Lord!", or, "Hey, in case you somehow missed it, they're calling out to you!". Right. God missing out on something. Not likely. I remember how stubborn I was, & that there was no timing as perfect as the timing that He chose. I see that, now. So how then can I say that it is or isn't someone else's time? Am I now the one who holds eternity in my hands? That would be scary, wouldn't it? Thankfully, all time & knowledge remains in my Lord Jesus Christ's hands. It often seems easier to trust the Lord with my own life, than to trust the Lord with his life.. or his life. I think, God, I'm trusting you with me, so I'll be fine. But THEY aren't trusting you with their lives, so you must not have the power to keep them safe. What? Really? Does God not also know the plans that He has for them? Sometimes I forget to think through the things that I feel. God's picture is so beautiful. His picture for each of us is INCREDIBLY beautiful. I suppose I just tend to be a bit anxious. I'm anxious to see other people's pictures. HE IS ALREADY PAINTING THEM, & I feel like rushing the creator of time; How human of me. Rather than being frustrated with God for "not working quickly enough", we should love & lead by example. Each living our lives chasing after the Lord & His will. Let us not become stumbling blocks to those seeking the Lord, through our impatience with His perfect plan. I think more often than not, we interfere with what God is trying to do. (or maybe that's just me) I push Him onto people too hard, or not at all. I don't trust in His plan, or I take it into my own hands. To unbelievers, that looks like a crazy bipolar person; some one who doesn't even trust the "god" that they're shoving down people's throats. "Why would I want to serve some guy that makes your life confusing and miserable; some guy whose plans you are not willing to trust?" Let us be firm in our faith, so that we aren't working against God's plan. I have to remind myself of that every single freaking day, "Today Haley, you need to not work against God's plan." As a believer, it seems like that should be the most OBVIOUS thing. It's pretty much the basis of what we are called to do, right? What we stand for? "Don't work against God, work towards the goal, lead people towards Jesus" But when we doubt God, & don't trust in His plan, that's what we're doing. In the past 3 months, God has been hardcore trying to teach me that, yet I always come back to a place where I need reminding. God is good. His plan is good. Don't interfere by trying to make it your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment