
They put him in a box; because of the friends that he chooses, the words that he uses, and the substances he abuses. He isn't those things, and they do not define him. He's a boy who cares for people, with generosity abounding. He wants to give help, love, healing, and joy to others. He wants to change the world, to save it. He runs, away from this fallen world, towards things he is not sure of; hoping to land somewhere safe, somewhere happy. But he is so unsure. He's a child, and he's searching for the answer. He knows there is one, and that we are not just all here at random. He's lost, and waiting to be found; yet I've never been more proud. For he's not like the rest. He truly is the best. God has never spoken so clearly to me; pointing out the blessings in my life. This one was the first. At two years, eleven months, and twenty days, I was given my first real gift from our Lord Jesus Christ. It's one that I've learned to love and cherish over the years; and constantly have had to trust in the Lord to take care of. I keep this gift with open hands; caring way too much about it to think that I could try and protect it alone. Through it I've learned a little bit of how God feels about me. It's unconditional. I hurt when he hurts, but I can't ever choose for him. He doesn't see it; I really don't think that He does. But I do, and God does. He is perfect. He was made for a purpose, and he is the absolute perfect person for fulfilling it. God knew him before He even formed him in our mother's womb. Before he was born, God set him apart, to tell his story. But he doesn't see it; not yet. He knows the plans that He has set aside just for him. He said it Himself, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I know in my heart that God has a plan; He's going to do something in that boys days that neither of us would believe, even if we were told. His heart is of gold, and his soul isn't sold. But he was bought at a price, with a story to be told. He's just like me, even though he doesn't see it; trying to fill all of those empty spaces with earthly things. Like filling your belly with nails rather than food; you will be full, but you will never be satisfied. I am proud of him, for the parts of himself that he tends to overlook. He is not a box that you can label; He is a boy with a purpose. The Lord makes everything beautiful in its time, but I can already see Him working.
I was praying on my way to the infirmary today, and when I got there, the nurse told me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I think sometimes we forget that, even in the little things, and we need to be reminded. But I'm not the only one; Cody, you are fearfully and wonderfully made by the God of the universe; and He loves you twenty million times more than I do. & that my friend, is incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment