Monday, May 21, 2012

Does the devil know where I'm weak or what?

Contentment can't remain undisturbed for more than 12 hours.
Barely recovering from our contact as of last,
and rebuilding the destroyed foundation of where I find my worth.
Resting my eyes for an hour or two,
after a day of feeling spiritually rejuvenated.
BOOM like a wrecking ball, mocking my progress.
This is a step.. this must be a step.
I had to decide to accept the Lord's help..
before He would allow me to be tested once more..I suppose.
Like Job, except I'm sure Job hurt worse than I.
Yes Lord, I will trust you.
No Lord, I won't grab the wheel again.
No matter how hard I may have to resist,
You must remain in control, lest I crash and burn.
Crying on the floor is not what you've called me to do today.
When I try to handle this whole thing myself,
the wrecking ball does plenty of damage.
But with you, I think I can stand against it.
You have the power to open eyes, any time you desire;
and my self-pity does not affect that.
I'm going to pray hard, for hearts.
But not for myself in the aspect of he,
other than that you provide wisdom for I.
Some hearts just can't see the truth yet,
and their words come from that place of misunderstanding,
and hurt. Words hurt. Being ignored hurts. This hurts.
You define me. You define me. You define me.
Yes- the devil may know my weaknesses,
but You are my strength.
Pep talk to myself.
You can do this you can do this you can do this.
Let Daddy handle this one Haley.
And I mean that in the heavenly sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment