Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Here's a very quick and rushed update.
I am doing, GREAT. Seriously, feeling so peaceful lately. I did some reading the other night from my senior year, and was just blown away by how my mind worked back then. I was aware that I had grown since then, but I barely recognized the girl writing those letters. Rather than crying or feeling tortured by reliving those painful memories, an hourly account of my month of hopelessness, I felt relieved. Letters written that would never be given. I felt the strangest sense of freedom knowing that 19 year old Haley doesn't experience THOSE feelings anymore. I'm free to be. After almost 30 minutes of reading, I finished and though to myself, I never ever want to be that girl again. That poor pathetic miserable girl. That psychotic, selfish, controlling, manipulative, needy, angry, insecure, girl. I got a little taste of reality and figured out that I'm not as much as a crazy pants as I thought I was. Now 2 years ago? Crazy Pathetic pants FOR REAL. In conclusion: I will not go back to that place, and I will wait for the plans the Lord has laid before me. I will wait, because I choose to never go back to that place. I choose to stay free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment